Presence-Based®Coaching Course Spring 2024
The Presence-Based® Coaching Course is a three part program consisting of PBC I , PBC II, and Mentor Coaching. PBC I, PBC II, and Mentor Coaching are aligned with ICF requirements for those seeking ICF credentials at the ACC level.
- PBC I: March 4-6, 2024
- PBC II: April 29-May 2, 2024
- Mentor Coaching course: begins May 13, 2024
- Payment plans available (no interest or fees)
- Early bird pricing available through February 5, 2024
Logistics and registration details
- What’s included: Tuition include training fees, materials, post-retreat class calls, and meals and lodging.
- Required pre-reading text for each retreat is not included (The Mindful Coach for PBC I; Presence-Based Coaching for PBC I
- Faculty: Bebe Hansen and PBC Faculty
- Location: All North Carolina retreats are held at Bend of Ivy Lodge, a secluded and beautiful retreat center 20 minutes north of Asheville. Retreats include morning practices and evening sessions. We believe that the community experience is a vitally important element of the retreat.
- We have a certain number of rooms available at the lodge, once we are at capacity at the lodge (first come, first serve), you will need to stay off-site. We have a special PBC rate at a local hotel about 15 minutes from the lodge.
- Meals and Lodging: Meals and lodging are included as part of the package. Lodging and meals prices include single occupancy lodging, shared bath, and gourmet meals prepared with locally sourced, organic foods. Meals are provided Monday breakfast through Wednesday (PBC I) or Thursday (PBC II) lunch. Lodging is provided Sunday night through Wednesday (PBC I) or Thursday (PBC II) at 2 PM ET.
- If you are staying off-site, you will pay a reduced commuter rate which will include all meals and lodge day use fees. You will be responsible for paying for off-site lodging fees separately.
- Cancellation policy: If you must cancel your registration for any retreat or course, all fees paid minus a cancellation fee will be refunded, as long as the conditions outlined in the terms and conditions are met. If those conditions are not met, no refunds will be provided. See more details on cancellation policies on the Terms & Conditions page.
- ICF CCE’s for Renewal – This option is available to ICF certified coaches (ACC, PCC, or MCC) seeking CCEs for renewal, inquire with Jenny for details
- PBC I only – You can take PBC I as a stand-alone or if you want to earn CCEs for renewal. This option is also good for those who want to “try it out” before committing to the full program.
More about this program
The Presence-Based® Coaching Course is a three-part program. This course provides coaching and change professionals with a pragmatic toolkit for accelerating your own development and that of your clients. We focus on building and extending our own presence, and on specific coaching moves and models that awaken and support long term efficacy in our clients.
Attending will build your foundation of Presence-Based coaching skills, with a particular orientation toward developing the whole person. The course is grounded in a model of human development, leading toward the capacity to be present and a learner in all of life.
In PBC I: Being a Development Partner, the ongoing theme is on the presence of the practitioner. This focus on presence, coupled with a powerful architecture for the coaching conversation, invites the conditions for development. PBC I is a three-day retreat with two 60-minute follow-up class calls on Zoom. There is approximately 1 hour of pre-course work plus reading The Mindful Coach.
In PBC II: Evoking Self-Generation, there is an emphasis on presence as an outcome of coaching for clients. We continue to strengthen our own ground as coaches, as we also couple our way of being with new coaching moves that evoke new awareness and capacity in the client. The result is greater resilience, efficacy, choice, aliveness, and leadership presence. PBC II is a a four-day retreat with two 60-minute follow-up class calls on Zoom. There is approximately 2 hours of pre-course work plus reading Presence-Based Coaching.
The Presence-Based Coaching model and methodology is an entry into supporting others around change that offers considerable depth, challenging even for experienced practitioners. Our overall promises for the Presence-Based Coaching I and II and Mentor Coaching Courses are that you will build observable new competencies in coaching, greatly enhance your coaching presence, contextualize your coaching in a robust model of human development, and be more self-generative in your own life.
Who This is For
The Presence-Based Coaching Courses are designed for:
- new and aspiring coaches wanting a coherent and integrated coaching approach
- experienced coaches, facilitators, and OD practitioners seeking to integrate somatic and presence-based coaching into their work
- business and nonprofit leaders using coaching to develop people and build relationships
- educators and helping professionals who recognize that their way of being, and ability to ask artful questions, is essential for the learning and empowerment of others.
Specific Areas of Learning Focus for PBC I
- distinguishing somatic, emotional, and cognitive awareness
- working with your own habits, attachments, and aversions as a coach
- cultivating and holding mindful presence in a coaching partnership
- distinguishing and coaching through seven distinct roles
- framing artful questions for catalyzing awareness, defining outcomes, and mapping a plan of action
- working with metaphors and distinctions
- designing body practices and self-observations
- building an integrated development plan
Specific Areas of Learning Focus for PBC II
The second part of the Presence-Based Coaching Course addresses:
- experiencing a model for building presence and resilience together with specific professional competencies
- evoking the direct experience of presence with clients
- engaging psychobiology in service to long term development
- supporting clients in recognizing and shifting embodied habits
- integrating somatic and question-based coaching processes
- increasing your own capacity for holding a field of presence with your clients
- working with polarities in coaching competencies and in client content
- designing integrative application fieldwork and practices
Mentor Coaching Course
The Mentor Coaching Course is an integral part of the Presence-Based Coach Courses. It is designed with the same rigor, attention to presence, and multiple layers of learning that participants have come to expect from our retreat-based programs. The course content is based on our unique Presence-Based Coaching competency model correlated to the ICF Core Competencies. Rigorous practice and feedback are offered around PBC competencies. Mentor Coaching is required for ICF accreditation at the ACC level. After completion of PBC I, II and Mentor Coaching Courses, students will understand, and be equipped to develop mastery in, the complete Presence-Based Coaching model.
Level 1 Certification
What is a Level 1 certificate and what are the requirements for receiving it?
Participants who complete our full Level 1 accredited program will be eligible to apply for credentials from the International Coaching Federation (ICF) using the ACC LEVEL 1 Credentialing Application.
- Complete PBC I, PBC II, and Mentor Coaching (70 hours of coach specific training).
- You will submit your final Coaching Performance Demonstration (CPD) to PBC, not ICF.
- Your recording and transcript will be evaluated by PBC faculty according to the ICF ACC minimum skills requirements (doc available in Mentor Coaching course), and the PBC competency model.
- Upon passing the final Coaching Performance Demonstration, you will receive your Level 1 certificate, which will include documentation for all the training hours for PBC I, PBC II, and MC.
- If you do not pass the final PBC CPD, we will offer you a 30-minute debrief (at no charge) with a PBC faculty and will co-create a learning plan with next steps. You will be able to retake the CPD with PBC when you are ready at a cost of $175.
Entering a PBC course is both a leap a faith and a sense of coming home. The richness of the curricula, the breadth and depth of skill in the instructors and the quality of the participants makes this a rich and rewarding experience. This is not a coaching course or formula, though you will learn and practice many hands-on skills. This is a life changing experience!PBC Graduate