Presence-Based Coaching, LLC is dedicated to upholding the highest standards of excellence for its programs and materials. Consistent with these standards, we ask you, as program participants, to abide by these terms and conditions (“PBC Terms of Participation”). These PBC Terms of Participation apply to all PBC programs, courses, retreats, seminars, events or other activities in which you may participate, including online or virtual courses and activities (“PBC Programs”).
By following the policies that we make explicit here, we request that you honor the many years of cultivation and excellence of this body of work, your investment in your own development as a coach or leader through this work, and your ability to be of service in alignment with this work.
Photography, Video, and Audio Recording
Occasionally, we record coaching or teaching sessions in various media for instructional or marketing purposes. Your registration for, and participation in, PBC Programs includes your explicit permission to use any such recordings for such purposes without further notice, unless you advise us in writing otherwise.
In consideration of all those associated with this work we make these policies explicit. We are actively examining ways that we can share more and more materials in the spirit of generosity; at the same time, we are also committed to upholding the integrity, quality and reputation of PBC and PBC Programs.
Please note that Presence-Based®, Presence-Based Coaching®, and related Presence-Based names and logos are proprietary trademarks of Presence-Based Coaching, LLC and are protected by applicable state, federal and international trademark laws and registrations. Similarly, materials that Presence-Based Coaching, LLC uses or furnishes in connection with PBC Programs are either owned by us and protected under copyright or used by us under license. Attendance at PBC Programs does not, in and of itself, confer any rights to use PBC trademarks or copyrighted materials.
We are committed to facilitating the incorporation and use of Presence-Based methods, techniques and resources. Towards this end, we regularly confer permission to reproduce and distribute certain materials, including for commercial use, through the granting of direct permissions requests and through third-party permissive licensing regimes such as the Creative Commons. You are encouraged to avail yourself of these materials; please contact us should you have any questions regarding licensing and permissions. For Certified Presence-Based® Coaches, a limited license may be conferred pursuant to special additional certification terms and conditions.
Please also note that you may NOT under any circumstances:
- use the “Presence-Based” trademark or variations thereof (e.g., “Presence-Based Coaching”, “Presence-Based Leadership,” “Presence-Based Life Coaching,” etc.) in any description of a product or service, or in any way that creates confusion with our trademarks and their usage.
- apply for, register, or attempt to register the “Presence-Based” trademark or variations thereof.
- use the “Presence-Based” trademark or variations thereof for purposes of search engine optimization or for creating sponsored Links or search results.
- use the “Presence-Based” trademark or variations thereof in any way that implies affiliation, sponsorship, certification, or endorsement of either you or your services.
- offer to train others in Presence-Based Coaching methodology as a workshop or training to individuals or groups as a coach or leadership training. We have highly skilled faculty who deliver this training after several years of apprenticing with us. Please contact us if you are interested in this faculty path for yourself.
By sharing any ideas, comments, suggestions, questions or other material with us, you grant us permission to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute such material in any manner, including in connection with PBC Programs and activities, and you also agree that we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you provide us for any purpose.
Designations Upon Completion of PBC Programs
- Following completion of one or more PBC Programs, you may state generally that you have been “trained in Presence-Based®Coaching methodology.”
- Following successful completion of the PBC I, PBC II and Mentor Coaching courses, you may state that you are a “Core Practitioner of Presence-Based®”
- Following successful completion of the Living in Presence Coaching Course, you may state that you are a “Certified Presence-Based®Coach: Advanced Practitioner.”
We certify coaches in our methodology; please see details elsewhere for how to become certified by us. Please note that certification is provided upon completion of all required coursework and a successful live coaching exam; enrollment in a course and payment of fees does not guarantee certification.
The International Coaching Federation (ICF) has audited and approved our training program as a fully Accredited Coach Training Program. We can provide documentation, and support you in your application process, per the conditions on the website. We cannot (nor can anyone else outside of ICF) provide ICF credentials directly.
Coaching and Therapy
This program is specifically designed and offered as coach-specific training. While personal and professional development is an integrated part of both coaching and coach training, this program is not a substitute for psychological treatment, medical care, or emergency intervention. This program should not be considered as a form of therapy, diagnosis and/or treatment. If you require psychological or medical care, you should seek the direct care of a licensed psychologist or medical professional. If you have questions about the appropriateness of this program for your goals, it is your responsibility to seek guidance from these professionals, and/or to talk to a Presence-Based Coaching faculty member to assess the fit of this program for you.
Cancellations and Refunds
If you must cancel your participation in any retreat or course, all fees paid minus a cancellation fee will be refunded, as long as the below conditions are met. If those conditions are not met, no refunds will be provided.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
- $250/retreat for PBC I, if cancellation is received seven or more days before the retreat.
- $250/retreat for PBC II, if cancellation is received seven or more days before the retreat.
- $250 for Mentor Coaching, if cancellation is received seven or more days before the course start date.
- $500 LIPCC course deposit is non-refundable. Once registered, if you must withdraw from LIPCC before the course start, all moneys paid will be refunded, minus the $500 non-refundable deposit and an additional $500 that can be applied to the following year’s LIPCC course. If not used for the following year’s LIPCC, this additional $500 will be treated as a cancellation penalty and forfeited. If you must withdraw from the course after it has begun, no money will be refunded, but we will do what seems reasonable to support your continuing your studies with us.
- $250 for Alumni and Special Retreats, provided that your spot can be filled from a waitlist, and your cancellation request is received at least seven days before your retreat start date. If your spot cannot be filled from a waitlist, no refund will be provided.
- Virtual Courses: $50 cancellation fee, up to the day before course start.
If you transfer your PBC I, PBC II or MC registration to a later date for the same retreat at least seven days prior to the retreat start date, a $125 transfer fee per retreat will be charged at the time of the transfer, and the full amount of your paid registration will be credited towards the then-current pricing for the new retreat dates. If your transfer request is received less than seven days before your retreat, no refund will be provided. Once transferred, credit must be used within a year or your registration will be cancelled, and a refund provided minus the cancellation fee above
We may change the terms of these PBC Terms of Participation from time to time on a going-forward basis. A current version these PBC Terms of Participation is posted on the PBC website. It is your sole responsibility to check the PBC website from time to time to view any such changes to these PBC Terms of Participation.