For several years, we have offered virtual courses on special topics. These are intended as continuing education for our community of coaches, and also as resources for others interested in Presence-Based Coaching. ICF CCE’s are provided.
The course described below is not part of our certification course of study, but rather complement it and provide a deeper dive into one specific aspect of this work. We offer these virtual courses occasionally, check the training calendar for any offerings.
Presence-Based®Resilience for Coaches: Tools, Perspectives and Practices for Complex times
“Your inner state is the foundation for resilience: the capacity for creativity, resourcefulness and skillful action, no matter what’s going on around you.”
– Doug Silsbee
Most coaches we’ve talked with in our community are working with clients who are struggling with a lot more long-term stress these days. You may find yourself feeling extra stressed as well, and not knowing what might be missing or needed to support yourself and your clients in these ongoing challenging and complex times. The global pandemic, economic uncertainties, social injustice, leadership overwhelm, working remotely, children schooling from home and organizational changes have taken a toll on everyone.
When was the last time you filled your own tank?
This is where the skills of Resilience come in. This Presence-Based Resilience course will offer you new tools, perspectives, and practices to support and build your own resilience as a coach, and that you can deliver to your clients right away.
What does this Presence-Based Resilience body of work enable you to do?
- When you feel depleted, to be able to return more quickly to a more resourced inner state
- To be able to respond, versus react, when life throws you curveballs and when you are facing seemingly insurmountable pressures to function despite all that’s going on in your world
- To embody neutrality and optimism in the face on ongoing uncertainty at home, at work and in relationships
- To understand you don’t have to go it alone, with the opportunity to engage with a like-hearted community of practice
We suggest that Presence leads to Resilience, which we hold as our individual capacity for choice in the present moment. The power and success of coaching depends on this ability!
These lively and experiential virtual sessions include teaching pieces, breakout sessions, handouts, mindfulness practices and working in and through the body.
The course also invites you to engage in regular presence practices as well as practice with a partner in between sessions, with fieldwork offered after every class.
We are all living in a time of great change, challenges and often suffering. Each of us lives in a human body, each of us has unique strengths and gifts to bring to these complex times. You can enjoy the benefits from being in a learning community and connecting with others on a similar journey.
This 6-week course on Resilience speaks to the very human aspects of how we each are navigating the many changes we face and addresses the need for more Resilience skills that will support us into the future. How can we be in the world in a way that is resourced, mindful and present? How can we serve others? How can we be ready for what’s next?
The Resilience Model that will be covered in this virtual course offers us the capacity to support ourselves and others to move towards more freedom from whatever is limiting the expression of each of our particular contributions. Each of us is needed right now!
This course is for you if….
- You are aware of the long-term drain that this last year has created on your energy, optimism and ability to bounce back
- You are ready to learn some new and practical tools to support your own Resilience, and that of the clients you serve
- You enjoy a fast-paced virtual environment that includes learning in and through the body
- You are curious about a different, cutting edge model of Resilience that supports your growth, including cultivating your own Presence
- You are looking for a community of practice to engage with that leverages your learning
- You are ready to practice with a partner (who you invite to join you) in between live sessions
- You enjoy going back to re-listen to recordings of teachings, so you can experience things you might have missed or listen if you couldn’t make a live session