Coach training and certification for all levels of experience
Course of Study
PBC I: Being a Development Partner
Part I is primarily based on the book The Mindful Coach. Integrate your authentic presence into a pragmatic coaching model.
- distinguishing somatic, emotional, and cognitive awareness
- working with habits, attachments, and aversions
- holding mindful presence
- distinguishing seven coaching voices
- framing artful questions
- working with metaphors and distinctions
- designing somatic practices and self-observations
- building an integrated development plan
Three-day residential retreat, plus two follow-up calls. 26 ICF Core Competency coach training hours.
PBC II: Evoking Self-Generation
Part II is based on the book Presence-Based Coaching. Evoke presence and resilience in your coaching clients. Work with somatic and language-based coaching methods. Completes the core model.
- exploring how to create presence and resourcefulness
- evoking the experience of immediacy with clients
- integrating somatic and inquiry-based approaches
- increasing your capacity for holding a relational field
- working with polarities
- designing integrative coaching fieldwork and practices
Four-day residential retreat, and two follow-up calls. PBC I is a pre-requisite. 34 hours ICF coach Core Competency training hours.
Mentor Coaching Course
Delivered virtually. For PBC II students, graduates and above. Rigorous practice and feedback around PBC competencies. The Mentor Coaching Course starts 2-3 weeks after the completion of every PBC II.
- practice coaching and skill building, using full range of competency model
- peer coaching and feedback on yours and others’ coaching
- building self-observation systems for your coaching
- recognizing and working with coaching habits
- building confidence and presence as a coach.
- personalized and specific feedback on your coaching through audio reviews
Five group calls spread over three months, plus individual audio review work with individualized feedback. PBC II is a pre-requisite. 10 ICF coach training hours, all distance learning.
LIPCC: Living in Presence Coaching Course
Our flagship PBC certification course. Pragmatic curriculum and experience in contracting, designing, delivering coaching programs. Rigorous self-development in a community of learners.
- assessing fit with coaching prospects
- developing competency-based outcomes
- designing a rigorous coaching program
- developing fluidity and integration through the competency model
- addressing accountability, breakdowns and commitment issues
- completing the coaching program
- contextualizing coaching as a catalyst for human development.
Six month course. Two four-day retreats six months apart. Six phone classes, peer coaching, outside case studies, extensive feedback, reading, and individual work with Doug. Live coaching exam. Completion of PBC I and II and application required before registration. 75 ICF Core Competency training hours .
Upcoming PBC course dates
- PBC II – August 21-24
- PBC I – September 25-27
- PBC II – November 13-16
View registration details for the next course.
Tentative dates for 2018
- PBC I – March 5-7
- PBC II – May 7-10
- PBC I – June 4-6
- PBC II – August 20-23
- PBC I – September 10-12
- PBC II – November 12-15
One of the most powerful educational experiences of my life. Elements included a master teacher and coach; artful design; rigorous content and expectations; a variety of experiential learning activities offering multiple ways of knowing (cognitive, physical/somatic, and psycho-social); regular application of knowledge and skills. All in the context of a learning community fostered throughout. This epitomizes an accelerated learning experience in a supportive environment, offering personal and professional transformation at an exceptional value.